Marriage Licenses

You can apply for a marriage license at the Tulalip Tribal Court, and if you choose, you can get married there per the Domestic Relations Code.

Marriage license applications can be picked up at the court or downloaded below.

There are certain qualifications you must meet before applying for a license. At least one of the couple has to be an enrolled Tulalip Tribal Member. You must be at least 18 years old or older, that you are not a lineal descendant, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or first cousin to the other applicant.

Once you have filled out the application and meet all the requirements, please return all paperwork to the court, and the clerk will collect a filing fee of $100 and issue your marriage license.

For your marriage ceremony, you can choose any recognized clergyman or person authorized by his religion to marry people. Any person recognized by Washington State law as having the authority to perform marriages can also marry you.

The marriage license, once properly endorsed by the authorized person performing the marriage, will be returned to the court clerk who will then issue the couple a marriage certificate.

The tribal court will then forward your marriage license and certificate to the Washington State Department of Health for recording.

The court clerk will keep a public record of all marriage licenses and certificates.

Getting Married at Tulalip Tribal Court

A judge at Tulalip Tribal Court can perform your marriage. Couples choosing to marry at the court can bring witnesses and guests and take pictures during the ceremony. Please contact the court for more information.