Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If you have questions for the court, this is a good place to start. Below are some of the more commonly asked questions. You can also check the drop down menus at the top of the page to see if the information you‘re looking for is on a page that is pertinent to your question. If you don’t find your answer here, please contact the court.

  • If you have an open, active case at the court, you can file a motion to present new information, ask the judge a question or make a request to the court. If you want to open a new civil case, you will file a petition with the court.
  • You can request copies of criminal history, civil and criminal orders, petitions and appellate opinions. The court will not release drug and alcohol assessments, mental health evaluations or bədaʔčəɬ cases.
  • Request forms are available at the Tulalip Police Department reception window.
  • You can request another copy from the Tulalip Police Department.
  • The amount of the fine is on your ticket. Please check before calling the department.
  • It will go into default if you don’t pay or respond, and you may be assessed a $25 failure to respond fee and a $50 court cost fine may be imposed.
  • No. You must call or mail a letter to the court, and they will mail you the motion for deferral exclusion packet. A hearing date will be set for you within 20 days to appear at court.
  • It depends on the situation. The tribal court must have possession of the check from either Marysville or Snohomish County before processing an exoneration which can take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks for the whole process before you get a check.
  • You can request an exoneration to the judge in open court or file a motion with the court to request the bail posted.
  • Cash-only is for ease of administration and to exclude fees charged for bonds.
  • If you have a domestic violence case, the court can take your per capita under the Tulalip Tribal Code. Otherwise, the court can only take per capita that are requested by the client.